Sunday, November 29, 2009

La Mission

I remember about a year ago hanging out on 22nd and Bryant street over in the San Francisco Mission district and seeing all these super sweet low rider cars and a bunch of lights and cameras down the street. Obviously a movie production was taking place. Then Mayra Ramirez walked in the house and confirmed it when she told us about her 2 minutes of fame. She had herself a mini role in the film as a fly homegirl who cusses some dirty guys out as they try to hit on her.

The film im talking about is: La Mission.... check the video interview for an inside scoop.




I like how the director and writer, Peter Bratt talks about "LOve" and how we always sound apologetic when we talk about love and even call it corny. I was like, "damn thats true, i do that too" (actually i even say it on my little blog bio) =/

hhmmmm....

That made me feel like damn why do we always need peer aproval to be ok with how we feel. Why cant i just feel the way I feel and not be apologetic. As if being hard and tuff makes you cooler. As if, not expressing your true feelings makes you safer. Maybe it does? I mean it probably does protect us from getting hurt. I've been there done that though, i've kept my true feeling inside instead of expressing myself and lost more than i gained.

Well i'll see how this will help me transform the way i communicate when it comes to love. And i dont mean that love between a boy and girl love (only) but the love to just love. The love for passion, family, community, music, etc.
sorry if i keep sounding made corny with this lovey dove talk (SEE!! apologizing!) haha, no but i dont always talk like this so its a big deal for me to be on this tip.
until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...