Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yo Momma Records Presents:

Ok ladies and gentlemen, this is a very serious post here. Ha!
Me, I listen to many genres of music. That’s just how my life is. I’ve lived in different communities throughout my life where I’ve been exposed to many types music and lifestyles. I remember at the beginning, aka when I was younger I used to be biased. If I only liked one type of music I didn’t like the rest, like I had this idea in my head that said that was impossible.I feel lucky to be up on all types of music though. Makes me uhhhh…,what is it?… “well-rounded” as they say….Anyhow… I like making playlist that have a theme. For example I have a RAIN MIX, which is a playlist of songs that have the word RAIN in them. I play this when its… yes you guessed it… raining!I pretend im a dj or producer and make myself mix tapes sometimes I make copies and give them away…


So now with great things such as the internet, I can continue to make mixes (there not actually mixed though there really just a playlist but ill call them mixes for short) and share them with you!
Also, FYI, like I mentioned before, most likely (but not always) the songs wont all be the same genre because im basing the mixes on what the songs are about/how they make me feel… and uh yea, I could do that because its my freaking blog! Ha!
Ok, the first mix I will share is one that ive been listening to lately. I call it the
I Really Wanna Fly Mix. This mix was inspired by this energetic feeling I get every once in a while when im just out and about & I want to just fly- no, I want to soar! Its weird, I don’t know, I hope I make sense. For example, I’ll start thinking about my goals and dreams and how much power I have to make them real. And how I’ve made past dreams come true already. It’s a feeling of faith/security/trust. It’s a feeling that makes me feel like im flying, like im in a movie and there is a bunch of struggle yet it has a happy ending. haha, I crack myself up with this shit, but im dead serious.
The following songs are like my theme music to this. Because of either the lyrics or the beat.
Yo Momma Records Presents: I Really Wanna Fly Mix
1. Humble Mumble – Outkast
2. Are You Ready? – Aloe Blacc
3. Complex Simplicity – Teedra Moses
4. Happening – Quantic
5. Departure – Quantic
6. Good Morning (nick james remix) – Talib Kweli
7. Black Maybe – Common (ft Bilal)
8. Culture Instrumental – (2006 Nick James Remix)
Ok, real quick...
The Outkast song and the Teedra Moses totally remind me of driving in my car in the summer feelin' fly and high on life. The Aloe Blacc song has a dope beat, it pumps me up and makes me feel like im about to meet a fly guy who is gonna sweep me off my feet (lol). The song Happening by Quantic makes me feel like im running down the shore of a beach in the hot summer heat with my loved ones. Departure makes me feel like im catching a flight about to depart to the beach i just mentioned. Good Morning is a dope song but this remix by Nick James makes it much more sweet. I was listening to this one time when i was boarding a plane. It really had me thinking. Thinking about my life and all the things i want, how much i already have and being thankful. Black Maybe, has a dope beat but also spits about the obstacles and oppositions we face from our own people or our own minds yet we over come it. Culture Instrumental is a nice jazzy beat that gave me this feeling i cant even describe when I first heard it. My favorite is how the keys sound, something about it really inspires me.
I hope u enjoy it.
Thanks.
The following message is for anyone who's song may be on this list (because yea, common and talib kweli and andre 3000 read my blog!) hehehe:
please let me know if you dont want it to be downloaded i can remove it. I apologize in advance. If not, thanks for sharing.
peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...