Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting My Learn On via Edumacation


I have this one Italian professor who i really like because he is super passionate about his profession. He is a fashion stylist and has his own studio in Milan so when he is not at his studio, Conca Studio, he is at my school teaches us kids to be professional. I dont know, i love it when people love what they do, and do it good too. He is the type of person that will call you out in front of everyone and will even make you cry. Not because he is mean but its just the way he is- doesn't sugar coat shit. He is really direct and i think i learned more from him in a 20 minute conversation we had in Italian than i have in a whole year in the Fashion Department at SFSU. This makes me both happy and sad.
He gets so passionate and I could tell he really wants me to understand the process of presenting my idea that he tries to speak English with me. He says he hates speaking it because he is not good. So sometimes, actually almost every time we talk, he draws while he speaks. And i LOVE it!

Oh yea, btw, ALL MY CLASSES ARE IN ITALIAN! yes, and so that means a few things. One, im learning a new language. Two, i have to work twice as hard to figure things out, especially because most of my professors are so vague. This is more like independent studies, if anything. Three, it can sometimes get frustrating especially when your trying to explain your research and work. I mean i speak Italian but i dont have that "presentation voice" in Italian just yet. You know that voice and vocabulary you use when your trying to get a job or giving a presentation. Yea, it sucks sometimes but trust me, i get my point across even if i have to add sound affects! So yea, gotta let my work speak for it self ;)

I took the liberty the other day to record my teacher Conca as he showed us his mood board. I want you guys to see through my eyes sometimes. And so here it is. Its in Italian though, and no i wont translate it. But if you speak Spanish you may probably hear some similar words.



1 comment:

  1. girlll as soon as he started talking i felt like i was at church hahahaha i was two seconds away from reaching out for the OSTIA and washing it down with fucking sangre de dios. thats tight though, i didnt understand shit. i think he said hair, but thats all i caught hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...